Klaras Center for Families
1105 W. Jefferson Ave
Waco, TX 76701
Phone: (254) 752-7889
Fax: (254) 752-7899
7:30 am to 7:00 pm, Monday through Thursday
7:00 am to 6:00 pm, Friday
Who We Are
|Local Mental Health Authority (MHA)|
As the local MHA, our role is to link families to needed mental health services in the community. Our highly trained and professional Intake Workers will either offer KCF services or ensure that you are referred to another provider.
Mental Health Service Provider|
When talking with families, our Intake Workers will determine if your child is eligible for KCF services. If eligible, our Intake Workers will schedule an appointment for further assessment, admission, and treatment planning.
Our Mission"Through caring relationships and a commitment to service, we empower children and families to improve the quality of their lives."
Who We ServeKlaras Center for Families (known as KCF) assists children and adolescents, ages three through 17, who evidence significant emotional and/or behavioral difficulties. These children must demonstrate a need for intensive services and meet eligibility requirements.
Counties ServedWe serve the counties of Bosque, Hill, McLennan, Falls, Limestone, and Freestone. Please click on your county's name for detailed address information.
Juvenile Justice Programs:|
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ. Does KCF provide testing and evaluations?
A. KCF provides psychiatric evaluations only to children who are eligible for and enrolled in services. KCF does not provide psychological testing.
Q. Will KCF provide only medications and psychiatric services?
A. No. Psychiatric services and medication monitoring can only be provided to those who are enrolled in and receiving the full array of KCF services.
Q. Will KCF be able to help my child with residential placement?
A. KCF is not a child placement agency. However, we do have some referral information and we often help families who are interested in applying for Waco Center for Youth.
Q. If I am a KCF/MHMR client, will I be more likely to obtain SSI benefits?
A. KCF/MHMR does not determine eligibility benefits for Social Security but our staff will help ongoing clients with the application process.
Q. Is it possible for the counselor to visit my child at home or school?
A. KCF provides case management in the home and school environment. Counseling and/or skills training is primarily done at the KCF office.
Q. Does KCF accept referrals from physicians or other agencies?
A. The parent/guardian or other legally authorized representative must make the initial request to KCF for services. However, for clients, KCF routinely coordinates with physicians, school personnel and all other appropriate service providers.
Where to Start
- Parent, Guardian, or other Legally Authorized Representative must contact KCF to be screened by phone during regular business hours or by coming in during Open Access hours on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 9:00am to 3:00pm.
- Ask to speak to an Intake Worker.
- Explain concerns, needs, and presenting issues.
- The Intake Worker will screen for possible eligibility for KCF services.
- If it is determined that your child is eligible for KCF services, the Intake Worker will complete intake assessment and paperwork.
- If it is determined that your child does not meet eligibility requirements, then you will be provided with information and referrals to more appropriate community providers.
Fees for Services
- There are no fees for screening and referrals.
- Other fees for Mental Health Services are based on a sliding scale.
- Most insurance is accepted, including Medicaid and CHIP.
- If uninsured, you will be required to complete an application for CHIP/Medicaid eligibility.
- If ineligible for insurance, other payment arrangements will be made.